King’s College Study Abroad
Living and learning in another culture offers students a life-altering experience, while providing them with the competitive edge that today’s employers are looking for. The opportunity to study, intern, or engage in service-learning abroad is available to all students, regardless of major, as part of their undergraduate education at King’s. Students may take advantage of our Affiliated and Non-Affiliated Approved Programs, the Irish-American Scholars Program, and our Short-Term Faculty-Led Programs to study in many countries throughout the world. To date, King’s students have studied in 32 different countries and on every continent except Antarctica. For more information about the King’s College Study Abroad Program and to learn how you can participate, please visit the Study Abroad Program Homepage and contact the Program Director:
Mrs. Mollie Farmer, Director
Study Abroad Program
112 N. Franklin Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Following are the programs with which King’s has signed a direct partnership agreement. New affiliations will be added annually.
- Webster University - Austria, China, England, Japan, Mexico, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Thailand
- John Cabot University - Rome, Italy
- Saint Louis University (AACSB) – Madrid, Spain
- University of Notre Dame Australia - Fremantle, West Australia
- Alliance for Global Education - Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi’an, China; Pune and Manipal, India
- School for Field Studies - Australia/New Zealand, Costa Rica, Kenya, Turks & Caicos
- Lancaster University (AACSB) - Lancaster, England
- University of Manchester (AACSB) - Manchester, England
- University of Limerick - Limerick, Ireland
- Center for Cross-Cultural Study - Alicante and Seville, Spain; Cordoba, Argentina; Havana, Cuba
- University College Dublin (AACSB) - Dublin, Ireland
Affiliated International Internship Programs:
- London Internship Program - London, England
- The Washington Center - London, England; Sydney, Australia
Non-Affiliated Approved Programs
Do you want to study in a location not included among King’s Affiliated Programs? King’s also offers many opportunities around the world through approved program providers, including those examples listed below. To explore additional options, please contact the Study Abroad Program Director for recommendations.
- Across The Pond
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Arcadia University College of Global Studies
- Butler University/Institute for Study Abroad
- Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
Please visit the Study Abroad website to view more Non-Affiliated Approved Program options.
Irish-American Scholars Program
This Program offers the opportunity for highly qualified students to compete annually for a full-tuition scholarship to study at participating institutions in Northern Ireland.
- Queen’s University
- University of Ulster
- Belfast Metropolitan College
- Stranmillis University College
- St. Mary’s University College
Short-Term Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs
These 2-3 week study programs are developed and led by King’s College faculty. Program locations may change annually and will be announced each fall for the following summer.
- Venice, Italy – Istanbul, Turkey: Europe & Its Others – Minority Cultures & the Boundaries of European Identity
- Peru (Canto Grande & Lima): Conversing Across Cultures